Samstag, Februar 11, 2012

Vanessa Hudgens on being mistaken for a Latina – and her zealous fans



Vanessa Hudgens stars in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island alongside Josh Hutcherson, Luis Guzmán, and Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock. The film is out today. (Photo courtesy of New Line Cinema/Warner Bros)
Vanessa Hudgens is used to jetsetting. 
The 23-year-old actress, best known for her role in the uber-successful High School Musical series, has traveled all over the world (including Latin America) for her line of work. In the new film Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Hudgensplays the daughter of Luis Guzman’s character Gabato, a tough girl named Kailani. 
Recently, Hudgens phoned Univision News from Hawaii, and talked about her new movie, being mistaken for a Latina, and what she absolutely has to pack when traveling. 
Univision News: How are you similar/different from your Journey 2character, Kailani?
Vanessa Hudgens: She’s really close to her father – it’s a really great relationship that they have, which I love. I’m close to my family as well. In the beginning, she’s kind of hardheaded and close-minded and I’m a lot more open than she is.
UN: You basically live your life on a plane. What do you make sure to pack every time?
VH: My iPod. I need music everywhere that I go – it’s definitely essential. My journal, so I can write down all the amazing things that happen because I have a horrible, horrible memory. I’m a pick-up-and-go kind of gal… I love adventure and exploring and I’m always up for uncharted territory so I don’t really need much.
UN: You have tons of fans in Latin America. What is your favorite memory from there?
VH: I think when I went to Sao Paulo; it was the loudest and craziest show we’ve ever had [on the High School Musical tour]. We were performing for 75,000 people and the fans were screaming so loud, that I could barely hear myself singing. It was incredible. They showed so much love and support.
UN: You’re part Filipino, but how often do people assume you’re Latina?
VH: Yes, people always think that. They start speaking to me in Spanish and I’m like, ‘Uhhh…. no comprende!’ But I’m trying to learn a bit more Spanish so that I can travel a bit more.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen