Dienstag, Februar 07, 2012

Vanessa Hudgens Talks About Dating, Gives Boys Advice On How To Approach Women

Vanessa Hudgens in ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’ (Photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures)
LOS ANGELES – “Dating in general is tough,” revealed the lovely 23-year-old Fil-Am actress Vanessa Hudgens when we interviewed her.
“It’s about finding someone with whom you have the same beliefs with and if you have that and communication, I think it is the key,” she added.
“When you have a connection with someone, you have an instant connection. I feel like I have been more aware of the connections that I have been making with people. If I do have that genuine true connection, you acknowledge that and you value it. You treasure it because there is a lot of people who you meet who there is a wall where it just feels wrong. So I think it is genuinely about just following my heart. That is what I have been doing. It has taken me in a very beautiful direction.”
Blooming in a white halter long dress by Rebecca Taylor with a flower on her hair, the charming actress is poised and confident.
Vanessa, whose parents are Filipina Gina Guangco and firefighter Gregory Hudgens, has indeed gone a long way from her “High School Musical” days where she portrayed the sweet Gabrielle Montez.
Of her Filipino roots and ethnic background, Vanessa revealed, “Yeah, I am half-Filipino, half Caucasian. But within that Chinese-Spanish-French-American-Indian-Irish. I am a mutt basically. It used to be tough. I used to get really frustrated because I would go out for parts and I was never Hispanic enough or never Caucasian enough. It was really aggravating. But I feel like now that I have more of a name for myself, people are more aware. I have the opportunity to really transform myself. I have been called a chameleon since I was young so I love completely changing my look and because of all my different ethnicities, I feel like I really take on different forms.”
Asked to give boys some advice on how to approach women, Vanessa said, “Be themselves. You really have to be yourself. It’s when people are trying to be something they are not that it comes off phony and that’s not attractive. Spontaneity. You have to be open to new experiences. That is really attractive. You have to be very passionate. And you have to be kind of spiritual, in touch with yourself and being centered.”
The charming girl who was born in Salinas, California, who most recently starred in Zack Snyder’s “Sucker Punch” and in “Beastly,” a modern-day take on “Beauty and the Beast,” is recently appearing in Brad Peyton’s new 3D adventure film, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island,” a sequel to “Journey to the Center of the Earth.”
In the movie that also stars Dwayne Johnson, Michael Caine, Josh Hutcherson and Luis Guzman, Vanessa portrays Kailani, the daughter of Gabato (Luis), a father-daughter tour guide team. They help 17-year-old Sean Anderson (Josh) and his new stepfather, Hank (Dwayne), look for Sean’s grandfather Alexander (Michael) who is lost in a mysterious island.
Vanessa revealed to us her most challenging scene in doing the movie: “Shooting the underwater sequences was tough because I don’t do well in water. A lot of people feel really comfortable but I do not. I do not like being underwater. I hate getting my face wet so it was difficult for me but it was such an incredible experience looking over and seeing Michael Caine underwater acting with me. It was such an odd experience. I do not know how many people can say they have done that. It was so cool.”
She added that she and co-star Josh, who was a former boyfriend, actually asked Michael if he could adopt them. “Josh and I actually asked Michael if he would adopt us as his grandchildren because he is so cool,” she chirpily disclosed. “He has done so many incredible things. He is a legend. He is a Knight but he is just so hip like he is in the know. He knows what’s up in the pop culture. He knows all the electronics that are out and happening and he is just such a good guy. I truly adore him.”
She revealed that when not filming, she finds to relax and put her hair down when “I am sitting on the beach and doing yoga. I also love music. I do completely allow myself to get lost in music so I guess that would be my real release. That’s when I really let myself loose.”
Vanessa admitted that she used to make music too. “I have not really been making music recently,” she pointed out. “I have been focusing on film and a lot of heavier dramas but I love listening to music. I love listening to music all day and all night. A bunch of my friends are musicians so it is always in my life.”
She shared that her upcoming projects include the Ron Krauss drama, “Gimme Shelter,” Scott Walker’s thriller, “The Frozen Ground,” with Nicolas Cage and John Cusack, and the crime drama, “Spring Breakers.”
Vanessa admitted that she is adventurous. “I am very adventurous,” she said. “I love a good adventure. I love camping. I love hiking. I love just being outside.”
Asked if she ever gave her parents something to complain about, Vanessa said, “Only when I do not take my vitamins.”
So how does she see herself 10 years from now, we asked. “Hopefully with an Oscar or maybe a Golden Globe. I don’t know. I have never really been one to plan ahead. I just try to stay as present and do my best in the moment that I have now. I want to travel so hopefully, see a bit more of the world, continue to expand my horizons, play different characters, do different genres and just keep on pushing myself.”
Formerly a Manila journalist, Los Angeles-based Janet Susan R. Nepales is a member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
Quelle: mb.com.ph

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen